Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Journey Through December - Dallas to Dubai

Emirates Airline Flight #222 departed DFW International terminal today at noon bound for Dubai.  On it were two of our beloved children and three grands.  We weren’t there to see them off like we were there to greet them a month ago the moment they stepped out of the International Arrival area.  In that month we have grown ever closer and made memories that will never be forgotten.   We pray them Godspeed and know that other loved ones across the ocean are chomping at the bit awaiting their arrival.

As I begin my blogs about our Journey Through December, the thing that is foremost in my mind is gratitude to God my Father for this incredible time together.  We’ve celebrated special occasions, had mountaintop moments, frequent fun and lots of listening, love and laughter.   It’s almost impossible to come down from those amazing 32 days.  Life has its special moments, but this was over the top.   Thank You, Lord, for this undeserved but most precious of blessings, this Journey Through December.

Before I share the first of our stories I feel the need for a disclaimer.  My husband and I have six children between us and they are amazing.  Each of them is bright, witty, intelligent, fun, and dearly loved, and gathering their unique personalities and styles together in one room – which happened on one occasion last month – was a blessing beyond compare.  Two of them I had practically everything to do with their raising and I am proud of the young adults they have become.  We share a mutual love and closeness that blesses me every day.  However, with four of them I can take absolutely no credit for their raising.  The youngest was in her twenties when they came into my life, some of the others already married with young children.  The respect, kindness and consideration they have shown me since I entered their world has been all I could ever ask for.  To have their genuine love and affection on top of that is icing on a very large cake :) 

Next blog, a story.   I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment